(Click on keywords to find related News Items)
Thank you to everyone who took part in and supported the MFY Season 2013. Read on for a round up of what happened in 2013!
Aldershot Regional Festival.
ACCESS: MFY offers opportunities to take part in music for the many and not just the few.
- Our Regional Festival Series involved over 40,000 young musicians.
- Eight Primary Prom concerts took place in Birmingham, Bradford, Exeter and London attracting audiences of around 15,000 primary school children and their teachers.
- 2,500 free tickets were offered to schools and community groups to attend our National Festivals in Birmingham and Perth.
National Partnership Award recipients celebrate during a presentation ceremony at the Royal Albert Hall.
DEVELOPING YOUNG MUSICIANS: Having inspired and motivated young people to take their music further, MFY provides follow-on live music making events and initiatives to develop their talents.
- 8500 young musicians performed in the MFY National Festivals in Birmingham and Perth.
- 10 groups of young musicians were awarded an MFY National Partnership Award. Read more about this exciting new awards scheme here.
- We launched our pilot of the Young Artist Development Programme. Two up-and-coming and budding young composers are now working alongside professional musicians and in collaboration with a group of young musicians to write a composition to be performed at a future event at MFY.
- A range of professional development sessions were organised for music teachers in Bradford and Cornwall.
Finale of Wednesday night at the Schools Prom.
SHOWCASING ACHIEVEMENT - INSPIRING EXCELLENCE : MFY showcases the exemplary work of teachers and music leaders, as well as the musical excellence of young musicians to a wide and varied audience.
- On the 11, 12 and 13 November 2013, over 3000 young musicians performed at the Royal Albert Hall to dazzle audiences in the MFY Schools Prom 2013.
The success of 2013 would not have been possible without the support of our sponsors and supporters. Thank you for your support.