(Click on keywords to find related News Items)
ROLE: TEAM ASSISTANT (FUTURE JOBS FUND)
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: THURSDAY 17 MARCH 2011
INTERVIEWS: FRIDAY 18 MARCH 2011
Music for Youth has an exciting vacancy of Team Assistant via the Future Jobs Fund.
What is the Future Jobs Fund?
The Future Jobs Fund is a government fund to support the creation of temporary job opportunities, particularly for long term unemployed young people aged 18-24 yrs. Future Jobs Fund is a part of the Young Person’s Guarantee.
Are you eligible?
You are eligible if you are aged 18 to 24 and you have been claiming Jobseeker's Allowance for six months or more.
You will be paid the national minimum wage and will work for 25 hours a week. The placement will last for six months.
This is an exciting opportunity to work for a music organisation that showcases music created and performed by young people, covering an eclectic and energetic mix of musical styles.
You are passionate about music and Music for Youth – musical knowledge/ability would be an advantage
• You are a good communicator on all levels
• You are able to use your initiative, think on your feet and work under pressure
• You will be able to confidentially represent Music for Youth
• You are committed to administrative/ management excellence
• Provide administrative support to Production and External Teams
• Assisting, as appropriate on events throughout MFY season.
• Assisting the development of MFY’s profile through the media.
• Assisting with press including maintaining and monitoring press cuttings and creating press lists.
• Assisting administration of event merchandise and promotional opportunities.
• Assisting fundraising strand associated with commercial partnerships and Trusts & Foundations.
Applicants should be:
• Able to promote music making and passionate about music. Specific music qualifications are not a pre-requisite but may be an advantage.
• A team player, as well as being able to work independently
• Able to work as part of a small team
All successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced CRB Disclosure check.
How can you apply?
Please email a copy of your CV with covering letter to Samantha Weitzel at email@example.com. Please include your date of birth and National Insurance number in order for us to verify eligibility for the Future Jobs Fund.