Keywords:MFY Proms, Music for Youth Proms, staffing
(Click on keywords to find related News Items)
Music for Youth creates life-changing experiences for young people and publicly celebrates their musical achievements. Every year, we deliver events that showcase the richness and diversity of music performed by over 60,000 young musicians, from our Regional Festival Series across the UK, to the spectacular Music for Youth Prom concerts in the Royal Albert Hall.
MUSIC FOR YOUTH PROMS
These three concerts are the culmination of the Music for Youth season and showcase high-quality performances from some of the UK's most creative, innovative and energetic young musicians. Around 3,000 young musicians have been invited to perform in the Music for Youth Proms. To find out who these groups are you can follow this link
"Unearthing future stars of the music world"
The Music for Youth Proms are a huge artistic and logistical undertaking and we need committed, enthusiastic people to join our team to deliver these three different and ambitious concerts. Our aim is to give audiences and participants the best possible experience, and you could play a key role in making this happen. There are two types of roles available:
- Massed Ensemble Assistant: Each night, an extremely large group of around 600 young musicians will perform as part of a Massed Ensemble. In this role you will meet, direct and help with the organisation of these groups throughout their day at the Royal Albert Hall. We will also be able to offer you complimentary tickets for each night of the MFY Proms.
- Backstage Assistant: You will join the Music for Youth Programmes team in helping them to coordinate groups backstage, taking them to their allocated dressing rooms and later to side-of-stage for their sound-checks and performances in the concerts themselves.
You don't necessarily need to have lots of experience, just lots of enthusiasm and an interest in music and events.
- You must be 18 years old or over.
- You must be available for all three days Monday 14, Tuesday 15 & Wednesday 16 November.
- You must be based in London for the duration of these three days, as we are unfortunately unable to provide travel or accommodation expenses.
- You must be available to join the Music for Youth team for an event briefing on Wednesday 9 November, 14:00-16:00.
These roles are paid opportunities, paid at an hourly rate of either £5.30, £6.70 or £7.20 (depending on your age) which is the current national minimum wage. Please note that you may be required to undergo a DBS check.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your completed application form
to Alexander Tucker (firstname.lastname@example.org
). Your Personal Statement should explain why you would like to join the Music for Youth team for this event and what skills you offer. If we would like to take your application forward we will arrange a short phone interview which will take place on either 17 or 18 October.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: WEDNESDAY 12 OCTOBER, 17:00