Music for Youth Proms - Massed Ensemble Callout
Date Published:7 December 2015
Keywords:Ensemble, Massed, massed ensemble, Massed Ensembles
(Click on keywords to find related News Items)
Massed Ensemble Performance – Request For Proposal
Deadline for submissions - Sunday 10 January
Three Music for Youth Prom concerts, traditionally held at London’s Royal Albert Hall each year, are the culmination of the MFY season and showcase high-quality performances from some of the UK’s most creative, innovative and energetic young musicians. Massed Ensembles are one of the cornerstones of the MFY Proms, and involve around half of each night’s 1000 young performers.
Through these large scale projects, MFY can offer opportunities to a wider range of young musicians and ability levels than those progressing through our annual Festival programme, supporting innovation, ambition and good practice and showcasing locally produced partnership work on a national stage.
Music for Youth invites proposals from music education providers and arts organisations across the country for large scale performance projects which are currently planned for 2016, for inclusion in one of the three MFY Prom concerts in November 2016.
What we would like to support
1. Innovation – e.g. repertoire approach, way of working, performance practice, use of technology
2. Collaborations between different groups (any age, between 4 and 21 years)
3. Good practice in teaching and learning, as demonstrated in the performance
4. Opportunities for young people to take part in something beyond their normal experience, meet young musicians they would not otherwise meet and work with artists they would not otherwise have had the opportunity to work with. We are interested in showcasing the work of a wide group of young people, not just the very best performers.
5. Audience development – active involvement in securing an audience for the performance
If you would like to propose a project, please send a short outline of your project (no more than two pages), taking account of the criteria and key facts outlined on our guidelines document, and demonstrating how your project matches what we would like to support.
Project proposals should be emailed to: Sam Sparling, Head of Programmes, at email@example.com by 12 noon on Sunday 10 January. We will contact shortlisted organisations to arrange a telephone interview to discuss the details of your project during the week commencing 12 January. Massed Ensemble 2016 projects will be confirmed by January 30th, with partnership agreements signed off in early February.
Music for Youth welcomes submissions from partners we regularly work with, as well as from organisations who have not been involved in the MFY Proms before.